CareFirst to Enhance BlueFund Products and Blue Rewards Incentive Cards in 2018
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and CareFirst BlueChoice (CareFirst) will partner with a single new vendor to administer all CDH BlueFund plans and Blue Rewards incentive cards.
With the transition to Further™, clients and members will have access to:
• A dedicated CDH and Blue Rewards incentive card support line with representatives specifically trained on our products so they can offer personalized assistance
• Onsite account management and sales support at CareFirst
• High auto-substantiation rate for HRAs and FSAs and health incentive cards
• April 1, 2018: All BlueFund CDH (HRA/HSA) clients will transition from BenefitWallet to Further.
• July 1, 2018: All ConnectYourCare clients will transition to Further.
How this will impact groups and members transitioning April 1, and then July 1:
• Any new groups or members who enroll on or after April 1, 2018 may receive information from Further that is CareFirst-branded. When required by law, certain communications will be branded solely by Further.
• Current Consumer Direct members who have an HSA with BenefitWallet will be notified of this change, and if they choose to transition to Further, they will receive a new CareFirst-branded debit card.
• CDH members will receive additional information about BlueFund because they are not familiar with that program today.
• Prior to transitioning to Further, groups may be asked to provide or update their bank and payroll information to contribute funds to their employees’ accounts.
• As of April 1, 2018, any newly earned Blue Rewards incentive cards will be sent from Further and will be CareFirst-branded.
• Current group members who earned Blue Rewards and have a remaining balance will receive a new Visa® incentive card.
• Current group and Consumer Direct members who transition to a Further account after April 1, 2018 will still single sign on (SSO) to their BlueFund or Blue Rewards incentive card accounts via My Account on the CareFirst website. They will be directed to a new secure website hosted by Further and branded CareFirst.
• If members have questions about their HSA, HRA, FSA and/or Blue Rewards incentive card(s), they should call the designated customer service number, which will soon be available.
• Further will handle Tier 1 customer service inquiries and will answer the customer service number as CareFirst.
We will keep you apprised as more detail becomes available.